What is CAD?
CAD stands for Computer Aided Design.
After thoroughly researching the market for CAD software we decided the best product that would support our customer's needs was Solidworks. We invested in Solidworks despite having many years experience on other CAD platforms. Times have changed in the CAD world and aCADmy have changed with them.
Solidworks enables us to produce 3d models of your designs and concepts quickly. It also offers an unrivalled ability to adapt them without having to redraw, thus saving time and offering flexibility in design solutions.
Key capabilities of Solidworks include:
- Highly accurate modelling allowing detailed design of complex or interacting component systems.
- Rapid production of detailed drawings for manufacture
- Application of materials to your product, either to create stunningly accurate visuals or to provide weight, volume and inertial properties of the product.
- Collision Detection - When producing moving products we can test at an early stage any collision or interaction between components.
- CGI - Computer Generated Imagery - Once your model is complete we map it with materials and render it. This provides highly realistic imagery of products prior to manufacture.
- Exploded drawings. These are brilliant for installation instructions and can be made into a AVI file (animation) so you can see your product being assembled.
- We can provide animations of your product, this could be an exploded view, a walk through or illustration of how the product moves.
- edrawings - edrawings is a small program which can be installed from the solidworks website for free. Anyone can use it and it allows you to view, rotate and critique the drawings in 3D giving you and your customers a complete view of all aspects of your design.
It is essential that our customers are confident in our CAD skills. Therefore we have undertaken and passed Solidworks Essentials, Detailing, Advanced Part and Assembly courses.